Advent of Frontend Architecture - supporting materials
December 20, 2023
Below you will find supporting materials for my lightning talk, “Advent of Frontend Architecture”, at the BarcelonaJS meetup.
- Patterns.dev - frontend-friendly book on design patterns
- Feature-Sliced Design - opinionated folder structure for bigger frontend projects (alternative to Clean Architecture)
🥂 Pair tech concept
Two developers are brainstorming an implementation plan on a call. A good alternative to pair programming in fully remote environments.
🍻 Design it twice
Fully spec out first version of your implementation plan. Put it aside and try to spec out an alternative version. Compare the two to come up with the final version.
🎊 Throw away
Without any thorough planning, go ahead and implement the first quick & dirty version. Throw it away. Spec out a proper implementation plan based on your learnings.
🪐 Don’t change jobs
Stay on the same project until your own decisions come back to you in the form of poor, unmaintainable code.
- A Philosophy of Software Design - my favourite software engineering book
- Learning Domain-Driven Design - good introduction to DDD (my review)
- Thinking Architecturally (my review)
This talk is based on “The road to Software Architecture (frontend edition)” article and is inspired by CSS Christmas Calendar website.